7 Secret Confessions From A Spray Tanning Business Owner!
Have you ever thought about becoming a professional spray tanner but don’t know where to start? Use the following as a guide to get started quickly.
1. Increase your knowledge and experience in the spray tanning industry.
If you are just a beginner, you will obviously need to increase your knowledge. Here are some questions you will need to know. What is spray tan? How does skin color change? How long does the tan last? What are the golden rules so that the tan lasts as long as possible? Which solution should you use? What kind of machine should I buy? What are the risks associated with tanning and what is the best technique to use. In my eBook I answer all these questions and many more.
2. Determine what type of spray tanning business you want to operate.
Determine if you will operate as a mobile spray tanner, a home-based business, or a fixed beauty salon. You may also consider operating as a home based business that offers mobile tanning. This ensures that you are covering the needs and wants of many customers. There may be clients who do not drive or have children and cannot leave the house. There are a few things you need to consider for this type of business.
3. Understand the correct business licenses and business registrations you will need.
Your business will require different types of licenses and registrations to operate successfully and legally. This can take time to register your business and get all the correct licenses. Once it’s all set up, you never have to think about it again. Take your time and don’t rush this process. You don’t need a contractor or beauty license to operate a spray tanning business in most countries (check your country’s qualifications). You will need to decide on a business name and register the name with your local Department of Fair Trade. You will need to register a business number with the tax office.
4. Develop a business plan to start your path to success.
The most crucial part of any successful business is the planning stage and it should not be overlooked. A business plan will be your roadmap for how you hope to be successful and how you will measure your success. Take the time to develop a business plan, write it down, and refer back to it. This is not a career, this is a real business that you would like to profit from, so take your time to plan your business. This is where small business goes wrong. They don’t take the time to develop a written business plan. The business plan is also very important if you need to borrow money from a bank, it shows the profitability of a business before committing to invest, it will address any business problems, it includes clear guidelines for the operation of the business, it shows a clear direction of business! business and how to stay focused!
5. How to develop exceptional customer service skills and gain credibility to be head and shoulders above your competitors.
In spray tanning, people are your business. Without people you wouldn’t have a business. Customer service is essential to a successful business and should be taken very seriously. When customers are dissatisfied with your products or services, the person they talk to can make the difference between a satisfied customer and a former customer. Word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertising as it is free. The spray tan business relies heavily on word of mouth, so developing exceptional customer service skills is critical to your business.
6. Buy the right gear.
When starting your own spray tanning business it is very important to have good quality equipment suitable for the type of business you want to operate. It is important to buy your equipment from a legitimate vendor that offers a warranty or guarantee. Let’s investigate the different types of equipment you’ll need for your spray tanning business:
– Spray tanning machine: There are a few different types of machines. Some are large, which means you can’t easily use them for a mobile business. Other machines are lightweight and suitable for a mobile operator or home business.
– Automatic spraying machine: If you want to run a stationary spray tanning salon, you will also need to consider whether you would offer automated spray tanning booths for your clients.
– Pop-up tent: You will definitely need a spray tanning tent, even if you are tanning from home, in a mobile location, or in a fixed salon. The pop up tent will prevent excess solution from going everywhere and there will be less solution to clean up.
– Colour/Solution: Solutions have evolved since the days when tanning turned your skin orange. Solutions have advanced as there has been more information and education about spray tanning. There is much more equipment to consider, for example towels, spray tan remover, tan supplements, hairnets, thongs, sticky feet, nose plugs, masks, etc.
7. How to advertise your business that could literally earn you hundreds of dollars. When starting a business, advertising and promotion are crucial to the success of your business. Advertising doesn’t have to be expensive with a little work and creativity, there are several ways to advertise your business. Be sure to remember to budget advertising and promotion into business costs.
– Advertise a grand opening in the local paper with special offers to decline.
– Create your own flyers and business cards. (You can create free business cards at vistaprint.com.)
– Design your own business website.
– Approach local modeling agencies, acting schools and casting agents.
– Contact your local photographers.
– Host a spray tan party.
– Advertise at bridal expos to offer spray tan bachelorette parties or bridal party specials.
There are hundreds of other ways to attract customers through advertising and most of it is FREE advertising, you just have to get out there and reach out to other businesses and people. Find out more ways to advertise in my spray tanning ebook.
You don’t have to go and pay thousands of dollars to learn how to spray tan at a private college. It doesn’t have to cost much to set it up and start spray tanning. There are training manuals that will teach you everything you need to know and more.
Learning to spray tan has been fun, inexpensive, and easy to do. I love my new brown gloss that I can have whenever I want without having to go to the salon. I can tan in the privacy of my own home!
If you are interested in learning how to spray tan, I recommend you check out the link below.