Ten Sample Interview Questions for Teens
Everyone gets a bit stuck answering job interview questions …
Most adults fear going to job interviews. So can you imagine how distressing it is for your teenager in his or her first job interview?
One of the best things you can do to prepare your teenager (or even yourself!) For an interview is to conduct a “mock interview” at home.
That’s why I put together the 10 most common interview questions and answers so you can help your teen show up. fresh like a lettuce!
1) Question: Why do you think you are the best candidate for this job?
Answer: Because I am responsible, reliable and hardworking.
2) Question: Do you have any experience in this type of work?
Answer: If you have related experience, please tell them.
But if you are inexperienced, then answer: Not exactly, but a fast learner and excited to learn all I can about (blank).
3) Question: Tell me about one of your strengths.
Answer: I am a good listener and I like to be around people.
4) Tell me about a weakness of yours.
Answer: I have been called a perfectionist, but I like to do things well.
5) Question: Is it available on weekends?
Answer: Yes, I am. And if I’m ever not, I’ll be sure to let you know well in advance.
6) Tell me how you would handle a difficult customer.
Answer: I would politely listen to their complaint without interrupting them and then try to help them solve the problem.
7) How would you handle working with someone you don’t particularly like?
Answer: I get along with people, I don’t think that’s a problem.
8) What position do you think would be best for you?
Answer: I would like to learn as many different positions and jobs as I can. I am very flexible.
9) Do you have your own means of transportation?
Answer: yes. (if so) or I don’t have my own car, but my parents have agreed to drive me to work.
10) Why should I hire you?
Answer: Because I have a positive attitude and I will work hard every day.
The most important thing you can do when answering job interview questions is to smile and be yourself. Most of the interviewers are very nice people!